In our ever-expanding global economy, there has never been a more pressing time for the fast and accurate shipment of goods. With unprecedented amounts of food and beverages, consumer products, medicines, and professional equipment needed to be sent from one location to another every day, this is one industry that will never disappear. Go-oodles has got you covered that how to Elevate your career and invest in your future.
The opposite is true. Supply chain and logistics management opportunities are growing exponentially; from the sourcing of the good themselves to their distribution, sales, and customer consummation.
Therefore, whether you are looking for a new career in logistics or supply chain management or you want to expand your current skillset so that you remain invaluable to your present employer, keep reading to discover the top five benefits of studying for a Master of Supply Chain & Logistics Management degree. Learn here Demand Question Time that how you can actively go about doing this – you definitely won’t regret it.
What is supply chain and logistics management?
For those of you that are new to the supply chain and logistics game, let’s take a moment to just clarify exactly what the role supply chain and logistics management have in a business.
What is logistics management?
Logistics involves getting the correct product to the correct customer, in the right quantity and quality, at the intended time and place. The job of a logistics manager is to ensure that the above procedure runs as efficiently and effectively as possible.
What is supply chain management?
The supply chain, on the other hand, is the network between a business and its suppliers that enables the production and distribution of a particular product or product. Supply chain management is involved in every area of moving products to customers, from the initial raw materials needed, right through to the moment the products are placed on the shelves for you to buy.
Why should I study for a Master of Supply Chain & Logistics Management degree in 2020?
Where to even start?
There are so many benefits to choosing this field of study in 2020; from the monetary incentives to the excitement of the job, even the opportunity to travel the world if you want to.
However, let’s start with the supply chain and logistics industry itself.
1. The industry is expanding fast
If you want to move into a sector where you are pretty much guaranteed to find a job, then you could do a lot worse than choosing the supply chain and logistics industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics has predicted that the number of jobs within this area is growing at twice the rate of all other jobs in the U.S.
Want to work further afield?
The need for supply chain and logistics management professionals is rife all over the globe including in Hong Kong, China, and several other prosperous Asian countries.
2. You can earn a very decent wage
Depending on the specific job role that you decide to pursue with your degree in supply chain and logistics management, you can expect to earn a wage of over double the U.S. of $47,060.
To be more specific:
- As a Supply Chain Manager, you can expect to earn around $117,000 per annum.
- As a Project Manager, you can expect to earn up to $134,000 per annum.
- As a Purchase Manager, you can expect to earn up to $182,000 per annum
3. There are a lot of opportunities for career advancement
If you pride yourself on being an ambitious individual with the drive to go all the way in your chosen industry, then a career in supply chain and logistics management is the right one for you.
There is no one defined career path for the supply chain and logistics industry and that is what makes it so exciting and rewarding.
Furthermore, according to CNN Money, you can expect an average of 25.5% career growth over a decade of working within this sector.
4. The level of job satisfaction is high
If being happy at work is just as important to you as earning a lot of money, then you may have found the perfect job for you.
A survey by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals revealed that:
“60% of young supply chain professionals describe their work as exciting”.
“56% also said their work was fascinating”.
Can you honestly say that you find your current employment either exciting or fascinating?
5. You may have the opportunity to travel
If you think that it can’t get any better than finding an enjoyable job, in demand, and one that comes with a great pay package, then you would be wrong.
If you do decide to pursue a Master of Logistics Management degree, then you can also expect to have the opportunity to travel to a variety of exciting and vibrant countries.
Depending on your specific position within the industry, you could be negotiating a contract, meeting with a supplier, or arranging purchasing activities for the company you work for, or even your own business.
Why should I study online for my Master of Supply Chain & Logistics Management degree?
Unless you have a magic money tree at the bottom of your garden, most of us mere mortals have to work to live.
But why should the fact that you have bills to pay or a family to support, mean that you cannot pursue your career goals?
Of course, it shouldn’t, and it doesn’t have to.
By choosing to study online for your degree, you can continue to work in your current occupation and simply fit your studies around your other commitments.
Further benefits of studying for your Master of Supply Chain and Logistics Management degree online include:
- No campus commitments. You can carry out your studies 100% online, meaning that you can study anytime and anywhere. All you need is your brain and your laptop.
- Award-winning logistics educators. Just because you do not have to set foot in a classroom, does not mean that you will not have access to the best teachers.
- A personalized learning experience. Forget overcrowded and overpopulated classrooms, with an online course you can expect much smaller learning groups as well as access to one-on-one support.
- Complete your degree quickly. You can expect to have completed your degree in under two years as long as you stick to the course requirements.
- Career advice. Access to invaluable career advice on the supply chain and logistics management industry from some of the best minds in the industry. Become a leader in the field of supply chain and logistics management with an expert tips at Frog Save.